Mother, child electrocuted in Nnewi

Mother, child electrocuted in Nnewi

A woman and her daughter were Monday evening electrocuted at their shop in Nnewichi, Nnewi North Local Government Area of Anambra State.

The victims were said to be in their shop located along St. Peters junction Okpuno when a high tension wire fell on the roof of the shop and electrocuted them.

Daily Sun gathered that the victims were rushed to a nearby hospital by sympathisers where they were confirmed dead.

You May Also Read

Speaking on the incident, Sector Public Education Officer, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Pascal Anigbo, said the victims were already dead before the arrival of the FRSC rescue team from Nnewi Unit Command.

He said: “At about 5.01 pm, it was reported that a high tension wire opposite St. Peters Clavers, along Nnewi-Nnobi road cut and fell on the roof of a shop, electrocuting two female victims.

“The victims were rushed to a hospital by sympathizers, before the arrival of the FRSC rescue team from Nnewi Unit Command. The team on reaching the hospital learned that the doctors had confirmed them dead.

“The Sector Commander Federal Road Safety Corps Anambra State, CC Andrew A. Kumapayi expressed the importance of ensuring that vehicles are checked and serviced regularly, with a particular interest in the braking systems, to prevent avoidable road mishaps.

“Traders and shop owners are also advised not to build shops under high tension wires. They should seek approval from relevant authorities before construction of any structure, along the road.”

About the Author
Philomena  Ngozi Christopher-Oji was born to the family of the late Michael and Cecilia Ojeogwu of Ubulu-Uku, in Aniocha South Local Government Area, Delta State. She had her primary and secondary education in Nwanoli and Ezemu Girls College, in Ubulu-Uku, before she proceeded to the Delta State University, Abraka, where she studied English and Literary Studies.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply


Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
Translate »