The Medical Director of Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Asaba, Dr. Victor Osiatuma, recently unveiled a list of massive zonal intervention projects accomplished in the hospital by Hon Joan Onyemaechi Mrakpor, a former House of Representatives member, who represented Aniocha/Oshimili Federal Constituency between 2015 and 2019.
The two massive projects which are ongoing include, a two storey building designed to serve as a Modern Amenity Ward in the hospital and a gigantic three-storey building, with 40 apartments, all en suite, to serve as staff quarters.
Recently, when Mrs. Mrakpor who is currently the Director General of Delta State Capital Territory Development Agency (DSCTDA), visited the hospital to see some sickle cell patients, Dr. Osiatuma, made mention of the two projects.
The list of projects executed in the hospital by Hon. Mrs. Joan Onyemaechi Mrakpor include:
- Construction of modern Amenity Ward.
- Construction of male and female Staff quarters.
- Landscaping, drainage and beautification of FMC.
- Equipping of the modern Amenity Ward.
Others are medical outreaches.
- Medical outreach to the disabled and provision of wheelchair to Aniocha/Oshimili Federal Constituency.
- Vaccination for Cervical Cancer and Hepatitis B in Aniocha/Oshimili Federal Constituency of Delta State.