Cornerstone News – Crime News Daily, Accurate News in Nigeria 247 and Super Eagles

Arik air fire,man narrates ordeals.


“I boarded Arik air flight W3304 to Accra on Tuesday 06/03/2018. The name

of the aircraft is STEPHEN. It was a Dash 8 NextGen propeller aircraft. The

flight took off precisely 7.20pm (Lagos time)


35 minutes into the 55 minutes flight, I started perceiving something

smelling like a burning stuff. Shortly after the guy sitting next to me

asked if I perceived any smell of burning stuff and that confirmed my worst

fears. Before you could say jack, smoke has filled the cabin. The air

hostesses were busy scampering around opening the cabins and the lavatories

to check if they could trace the source of the smoke without success.


While that continued, the oxygen masks that were always being advertised

during the safety demo prior to take-off couldn’t be released instead we

were handed tissue papers (otherwise called serviets) to use to cover our

noses to minimize and filter out possible carbon monoxide inhalation.


About 5 minutes after, precisely with 15 minutes of flight time remaining,

the pilot came on the public address system to inform us that they have

smoke coming into the cabin and that they don’t know the source and that



At that point we knew that our lives were only in God’s hands. Everyone

prayed to his/her Gods.


To the glory of God, the flight successfully landed by 8.15pm (7.15pm Accra

time) to the waiting of several fire service trucks at Kotoko International

airport, Accra.


We were evacuated into a waiting bus with instruction to leave everything

behind in the cabin. Sadly there was no Arik official to address us neither

was there any manner of first aid attention given to the passengers to

manage stress and possible elevated blood pressures.


After a while our cabin luggage were brought to us and we had to leave from

there to go through the Ghana immigration to our individual destinations.


I’m highly discouraged that this near crash major incident was not reported

in the media 2 days after (today is 08/03/2018) and I suspect a cover up by

Arik and the authorities. So I have chosen to use the social media to

ensure this news gets out.


Kindly keep forwarding this message till everybody is made aware of the

quality and kind of services Arik air gives and the possible cover ups

before something terrible happens.


If anyone is in doubt, I can be reached through [email protected] and I

can provide my phone number for further verification.”

Related posts

Maryam Sanda, to die by hanging for killing her husband- Court

Philomina Ngozi

Lockdown: Man commits suicide over hunger in Imo

Philomina Ngozi

Man 25 arrested for raping woman, 70

Philomina Ngozi

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy